singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » Templates » Technical question

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-20 00:36:27

markvm

Technical question

Hi all,

Before I upload pictures to Singapore, I resize all the pictures to 640x480 so that they fit within the 'modern' template.

Manually resizing pictures can be done very fast in XP with the Image Resizer Powertoy:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/down … rtoys.mspx

Afterwards I upload the pictures manually to the FTP and I re-index the gallery where the pictures have been uploaded to. And... done! This is the fastest method for uploading multiple pictures.

But now the question, is there an alternative / better method where I don't have to resize the pictures myself using the XP Powertoy? Is there any setting in singapore.ini or template.ini that will enable auto resizing pixtures?? The original pictures I've uploaded should still remain so that "show_fullsizeURL" makes sense.

Thanks!

Last edited by markvm (2010-12-21 20:13:30)

#2 2010-12-20 01:13:33

markvm

Re: Technical question

2nd Question:
I don't want to show names/titles above pictures. What is the easiest way to disable this?

#3 2011-01-03 18:47:59

DC
Administrator

Hi, SGAL will auto size the images for you it creates all sizes and thumbs automatically the rate and performance that this can be don is dependent on PHP settings and your servers capability.

Modern professional nix based servers should have little problem with this unless the images are really big like that right out of a HR SLR cam in that case batch resize to usable size and then SGAL will create the correct sizes as you set them up in the template ini.

Remove names and such by editing the template file.

DC

To code or not to code that is the question?

Did my response help you out? Consider donating by buying me a slice, Whats this? Read More!
http://www.clickcraft.net/slice.php

#4 2011-01-12 18:16:47

markvm

Thanks DC.

I noticed that indeed pictures are automatically resized when uploading them through the Singapore Admin Panel.
But when I upload pictures manually through FTP they are NOT resized automatically.
Could you submit this? Is there a way to resolve this so that pictures I upload through FTP will be automatically resized as well?
What I currently do is resizing all pictures before I upload them through FTP.

#5 2011-01-12 19:48:38

DC
Administrator

Did you try re-indexing the ones that you uploaded VIA FTP
Select reindex in the admin, That should work.

DC

To code or not to code that is the question?

Did my response help you out? Consider donating by buying me a slice, Whats this? Read More!
http://www.clickcraft.net/slice.php

#6 2011-01-15 14:27:47

markvm

That doesn't work. It doesn't resize the picture. All it does is adding the uploaded picture to the gallery. Because without re-indexing after uploading through FTP the picture is not visible in the gallery.

#7 2011-01-25 18:36:58

markvm

Any further input? smile

#8 2011-01-25 22:43:50

PrimaFoto

Here is my 2 cents, if it helps

For large galleries I export the images from a RAW file to JPG at 800 px wide >> then >> I just go to the Admin panel and hit "Re-Index" and all works good. SGAL resizes the images to my specified width of 710px.

Why wouldn't you just resize the images to the width that you are using for your gallery? This way you know it is going to be the right size.

Can you provide a link to your gallery?

A Junior Scientist of the SGAL - Lab
http://sgal-lab.primaveraphoto.com

#9 2012-01-10 03:00:02

Jess828

Hi Guys,

Could you please shed some insight on what the size/dimensions for the background image for a YouTube design template are?

It would be of great help! Thanks!